Well obviously I scared everyone off with the 3 hour movie, since only 2 others showed up this time. I have placed the movies I’ve gotten for our movie nights in the bookcase in the hall. I will put a little notepad there and you can simply sign them out and then cross out your name when you have returned them. I’m not going to try to show a 3hr one again, so the Gospel of John you will just have to check out for home use. We will offer Movie Night again at the end of May or beginning of June.
Our current movie library consists of:
- The Book of John
- Road to Emmaus
- The Encounter
- The Encounter: Paradise Lost
- The Book of Daniel
- Wednesday, May 7, 6:00 pm School Spring Cleaning: We will meet at 6pm at Barnardsville Elementary to clean the flower beds.
- Saturday, May 10, 7:00am-9:30am Mountain Valley Bake Sale at D&D
Discipleship Bible Study Schedule
May 4—–Lesson 27 **Corinthians
May 11—Lesson 28 **Galatians
May 14—Lesson 29 **Timothy/Titus(Administrative Council meeting at 6:00pm) we will meet at 7:30 for one hour afterwards.
May 18—Lesson 30 **Hebrews
May 25—Lesson 31 **Peter/OT reading
June 1—-Lesson 32 **Revelation
June 7—-Lesson 33/34 **Spiritual Gifts/Last Supper (at Lake Junaluska –12:00 for Lunch/depart @ 5:00 PM)
congratulations you are almost there!!
- May 14, 6:00pm – Administrative Council Meeting
- May 14, 7:30pm – Discipleship Group
- June 19-21 – Annual Conference at Lake Junaluska
- June 22 – Melissa of Asheville Pregnancy Center will be visiting Barnardsville UMC to
inform and update us on a potential opportunity to serve the proposed new center
in Madison County. In addition on that Sunday Tim and Karen will update the
church on the Annual Conference event that took place at Lake Junaluska.
- August 31—Our Charge has listed we will provide breakfast and serving at
A Practice to consider when reading the Bible
- Arrow pointing up — *Write something these verse tell us about Jesus/God.
- Arrow pointing down — *Write something these verse tell us about human nature.
- A light Bulb — * Write any new discovery you’ve made reading these verse.
- Exclamation Mark(!) — *Write down the most exciting verse in your opinion and why?
- Question Mark (?)— *Write anything you don’t understand or want to ask about.
- Arrow pointing to Side —***Write down something these verses say we should do